Thursday, August 4, 2011

Minnehaha Falls

Sometimes nights can be empty of all activity and other times they can be so jam packed it is hard to fit everything in before I really need to be in bed. June 24th was one of the latter kinds of night. The climactic even of the evening was seeing Minnehaha Falls. It is a really pretty area. To start the night right, Mike and Katie took some fantastic pictures... not really for posterity but for kicks and giggles for sure.
Beautiful couple!
After the lovelyness of the top of the falls we went to the base of the falls and got a few friends pictures - yes I am wearing Mike's picnic blanket.
See the fence, we are on the correct side of it.
The waterfall was too far away for Katie and Mike, so they hopped a few fences, dodged some security, and took out a little old lady and her pink poodle to get some closer shots. I think it must have been worth it because it did turn out pretty fantastic.
Illegal shot of the falls
Hooliganism is written all over these faces, that must be why they are so much fun!
Looking pretty sad to be breaking rules, don't you think
To end the evening at the falls we found some fire dancers and a couple of men in an awkward pose. I purposefully stared at both groups just to get a reaction. The nearly naked fire dancer just turned around and pulled off her nylons in front of me and the couple said hi to me. I preferred the second response.
Be glad this is all you can see.
The picture of the fire dancer didn't turn out too well, which was fine because she wasn't wearing much more than her combat boots, raccoon tail, and the aforementioned fishnet stockings. Gotta love the Twin Cities crowds!

No comments:

Post a Comment