Saturday, August 27, 2011

Junkers

On the way back from the SPAM Museum my carload of peeps decided we had to stop at this crazy place we saw on the side of the freeway. It turns out we found a group of Junkers, people who buy and store anything and everything and then will sell it to other Junkers, collectors, and random people who stumble up these treasures (a more adequate description would be a blight upon the land!).
From this view it looks a bit cluttered but kinda cute - you can't see the junk covering the acres around the cabin...

One collection of random knick knacks

A collection of colored glass knick knacks, I almost bought a blue or a green vase. When I couldn't decide between them, I decided I didn't need either.

Katie found a lion for her collection (pictures only, we didn't take this guy home with us)

Doc Hudson decided to retire for good in the back lot.

WOW, that is some old cash register!

Randomly there were a few train cars on the property, including this red caboose!

Where do they get this stuff?

Of course there is a Chicken, why wouldn't there be?

Umm, those 20+ year old cereal boxes still have cereal in them.
People are crazy is my determination from this foray to Hot Sam's Collectibles. The trip was fruitful for one member of our group, Michael Skinner was able to add three collectible belt buckles to his collection of buckles.

No comments:

Post a Comment