Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Years trip

To ring in the new year I made one more trip to Montana to see my grandparents before I move and to pick up this desk that my Great Grandfather Israelsen made in about 1952.
Desk in my grandparent's home
 I am really excited about this desk, not only is it a family heirloom but it also gives me a chance to learn how to refinish a piece of furniture. I drove up with my dad and sister Rachel, my dad flew to Kansas City for a business trip from Missoula. Rachel stayed with me for the few days I was there. Monday night Rachel and I went to the mall to do some browsing. We found a store with some awesome toys.
Rachel in a cool Robin Hood hat
I felt a bit like the mad hatter...
The highlight of the trip was being able to spend some time with my grandparents. Grandma was quite tired and slept a lot of the time we were there, but Rachel and I got to spend quality time with grandpa doing such things as cleaning the freezer out and defrosting it and looking at old family pictures.

I love my grandparents so much!
Seeing my Grandpa and Grandma as my Grandmother's health has been declining has given me insight into what truly loving someone means. The kindness, patience, and pure tenderness shown by my grandfather to my grandmother truly touches my heart.
It was nice to be able to spend time with Rachel, even when she feels reluctant to take pictures with me

1 comment:

  1. Hey Christine, I can't wait to hear how things are going at your new place! I hope you are enjoying yourself and that you aren't too cold!

    ReplyDelete