My dad's company had their Christmas party in San Francisco over the weekend. My dad was allowed to bring someone with him, I was the lucky winner of said trip. We flew out of Salt Lake on Friday evening, spent Saturday touring a bit of the city before heading to the party, and then we flew back to Salt Lake on Sunday.
 |
| I love all the interesting architecture throughout the city |
I really wanted to go down to the wharf and see the docks and the ocean. So we took a cable car down! To be honest it was potentially the most inefficient way to travel, but so fun!
 |
| We stood in line for the cable car for about half an hour |
While we waited for the trolley I was watching the pigeons and thinking how disgusting they are, the next thing I knew, one pooped on my hair! So nasty, now I really despise pigeons and have a justifiable reason!
 |
| At the end of the cable car lines the cars are reversed on these turntables. |
 |
| My dad and I waiting for the cable car |
When we got to the wharf we found some relics from World War II. My dad has studied WWII ever since he was a child and it was neat to see a Submarine and Liberty Ship from the war.
 |
| The Pampatino and a Liberty Ship |
 |
| The top deck of the Pampation, minus the Christmas lights this is a fairly scary looking piece of history |
 |
| Marker for the Pampatino |
 |
| I had, amazingly enough, never even hear of Liberty Ships, my dad on the other hand saw this ship from way down the dock and said, "That looks like a Liberty Ship." when we got close enough to read this sign he was very excited as he never thought he would actually get to see one. |
 |
| These ships were made very fast, in fact German U-Boats could not sink them as fast as they were built. |
 |
| The concept of Rosie the Riveter has always fascinated me, talk about a major paradigm shift |
As anyone who knows me would be expecting, I was very excited about the food in San Francisco. While at the wharf my dad and I stopped at Boudins for lunch. It was one of those times where I wanted to keep eating despite my stomach being done.
 |
| We started with an order of fried Calamari, it was really yummy especially with the cocktail sauce it was served with. |
 |
| Crab and Corn Bisque in a sourdough bread bowl |
While riding the cable car I enjoyed all the neat streets, cars, and buildings we were able to see.
 |
| I was excited to see something beautiful blooming in December |
The gulls on the wharf are huge! Talk about being supersized...
Those WWII ships would be really neat to see-even if I don't have quite the eye that your Dad does
ReplyDelete