Friday, January 21, 2011

Wintery Hogle Zoo

My family has a pass to the Hogle Zoo and none of us had ever gone in the winter. The exciting reason to go in the winter is to the see the big cats be more active. The day before I left for Minnesota my brothers and I picked up our dad from the airport and headed up to the zoo.
I was very excited to see the elephants, and made Clark and Daniel take several pictures with the one we could see. They are thrilled.
The black howler monkeys got more smiles from them than the elephant.
Even better was the freezing bronze rhinoceros, why didn't I think of that?
We watched these wolves play for a few minutes, they were so cute, behind the fence that is.
The Amur Leopard was anxiously pacing and hopping from one thing to another. Beautiful and terrifying.
These guys are interesting, They almost look like dinosaurs to me.
These guys are huge, bigger than St. Bernards! I had absolutely no idea they were so big.
Synopsis of the zoo in the winter, it was nice because there are no crowds and some of the big animals are more active, but plan on an hour maybe two, it is not an all day event.

No comments:

Post a Comment