Friday, January 21, 2011

Storage Spaces

When I moved into my apartment the first thing that begged attention was the shelves in my bathroom. They were covered with this disgusting, stained, and all around ugly contact paper. I washed them my first day and then a couple days later enacted a more permanent fix.
Overview of contact paper
Close up of nasty paper with one of the stains located in the upper left corner - UGGH!
I have never liked contact paper and this experience taught me to hate it. Pulling it off left behind a sticky residue that was difficult to scrub off. To make the shelves usable after this I bought some of the foamy shelf liner, oddly enough made by the same people who make the gross contact paper.
Doesn't that look so much better?!
The kitchen is currently a work in progress with similar fixes.

3 comments:

  1. That looks so much better. I love the foam shelf liner. It works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great, I feel it is easier to keep things organized when it looks nice :)

    ReplyDelete