Monday, December 20, 2010

BYU Food Science Christmas Party

As graduate students we decided we needed to have a Christmas party. To make things simple we went to the bowling alley in the Wilkinson's Center and used our free bowling game for the semester. To start with we all went with a pseudonym.Reed started with the name Dirty Butter, as his thesis studied the likelihood of Clostridium botulinum. With that setting the theme for the names, Steve went by Masa Man since he is studying bacteria in Masa.
Amalie did not use anything from her research, but used a variation of her name based on an enzyme - Beta Amylase
This is my fat face, as I used the name Gordita. I studied fat for my thesis, but there are not many great fat names.
 I like to bowl, but I have only gone a few times and am horrible at it. Reed, Steve, and Amalie are all pretty good bowlers and gave each other some good competition.

Reed as he bowls his first strike!
Steve got a couple strikes in a row, I believe that is because he has taken bowling classes.
Amalie managed to bowl well and also look fairly nonchalant about it.
I wore boots over my long socks and short pants, despite rolling up the pants and down the socks I look about as silly as I bowl.
When all was said and done, we had a very enjoyable game. Some enjoyed the competition, others (me) were just there for the company.
If we were golfing, I would have been the winner by far!
You know the game was successful when everyone is smiling at the end!
I will miss these lovely grad student get-togethers, but all things have a time and a place.

1 comment: