Friday, December 3, 2010

November Vacation

I took my brothers on vacation to visit family in Montana. On the way we stopped in Idaho Falls to visit our Aunt Annette and two of her children who were home.

Daniel and Megan showed off their Spiderman-like skills
Daniel, Clark, Megan, and Ryan
From Idaho Falls we traveled to Billings to stay with our Aunt Michelle and her family. Daniel and Clark had school to do and so I got to play teacher in the morning. To everyone who is an elementary school teacher, my respect goes up every time I try to help them with school. 
Abigail and Daniel played in the snow together several times and came in soaked
Remington wasn't ready to come inside as quickly as were the other two

Mason is one of the happiest children I have ever met
So much snow fell throughout Montana that we ended up staying in Billings longer than planned. This was ok, because my cousin Anita and her family recently moved to the Billings area and I have wanted to spend more time with her. So we spent about another 5 days with Anita. 
One of the favored games was group wrestling!
Caleb, Carly, and Daniel were pretty tough and took down Clark
Look at that smile as Clark came up for air, obviously he enjoyed being tackled


Josh, Anita, and I played an intense game of Jenga. We nearly doubled the height of out tower before it finally fell over.


Josh concentrating as he pulls a piece from our tower
Anita would get so nervous when pulling her pieces from the tower
Despite the tipsiness of the tower it survived me taking this piece

We had a lot of fun and got to do many family activities, unfortunately, I am not always very good at pulling out my camera.


Mason had fun during family home evening
One night we made smores with Anita and her children. James did his best to take everyone's snacks.
Look at that belly! He just kept eating and eating
Carly had a banana boat, she kept moving around on the floor to keep James from eating it all
Once done eating it was time for tricks, Caleb loved this part
Look at that cute modeling!
Look how delicious all this looks, James certainly seems to think so
A side benefit of having a wood stove, smores in the comfort of your home
After Billings we went to Fort Benton to the farm to visit our Grandma and Uncle Steve and his family. We had a lot of fun on the farm and I never once took out my camera! The trip was great for me, I enjoyed the break and feel ready to tackle life head-on right now.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome background ;)

    Love the post. Looks like you had a great time in Montana!

    ReplyDelete