Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Food Science Club Christmas

The BYU food science club had their annual Christmas party. I went because it will be the last Food Science activity I get to go to before moving. It was nice, we started with dinner.
After dinner we had one of my favorite things about the annual parties, we had a white elephant gift exchange. It may seem silly that I really like this somewhat tacky tradition, but I do. Sometimes you get something stupid, but you can throw it away and feel no guilt. Other times you get something hilarious, or something you really actually want.
Oh, the anticipation! What is in those packages?
Each gift could be stolen 2 times before it was, "dead," meaning no one else could take it. I was the second person to steal a Disney Sushi set, so it became mine. Why did I want it enough to take it, well I already had one set and with another set I have 4 place settings and can actually use them for a dinner party. Normally the end of the white elephant exchange is the end of the party, but this year we had a special visitor!
Dr. Dunn and his children with Santa
Santa and Mrs. Clause share a kiss, isn't it so cute!!?

Santa informing me that I have been a very good girl, since I turned in my manuscript for publication.
Christmas is such a delicious time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment