Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Italian Cookery Class

Tonight I went to a whirlwind of an Italian cooking/pasta making class. It was done through General Mills and I was one of the lucky few who got pulled from the lottery to actually be able to attend. In addition to gettting to eat all the food from the evenings class, I got a pasta roller, and a fabulous cookbook!
Everything we made was from this book, and it was all good. Some recipe adjustments are needed, but such is the way it is with cooking from a cookbook.
My group made eggplant turnovers that were really, really yummy! Although next time I make them I will definitely reduce the salt in the filling - too much!
Starting from the salad going up and around. Some kind of cream based pasta, Barley/mushroom risotto (delish), eggplant turnover, ricotta gnocchi, fettucine with some amazing sauce (I will be looking this one up and making it, so good), fried butternut ravioli, and in the middle some kind of cream and cheese phyllo dough tart.
Yep, all amazing. I will need to start making some of these recipes, on days when I have time, and when I have someone besides me to feed.

4 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW!!!!! That is soooo COOL! I wish I could've gone with you. That sounds like so much fun. Especially all of the eating at the end :) Italian food is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, when you come visit we can make pasta together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So....can I find this cook book somewhere??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you can order it from Amazon, or when you come stay with me you can get the recipes you want :)

    ReplyDelete