Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Shea and Shearer Cooking

My roommate Anna's boyfriend Shea asked me to cook with him so he could learn how. Last night we had our first cooking night, we made creamy white chili and corn bread. We made a huge pot of chili and fed about 6 people with leftovers. Nothing like cooking big!
Shea Stott and Anna Daines, aren't they just the cutest?
It really looks like I know what I am talking about, doesn't it?

If you really think I tasted the chili out of the serving ladle, you don't know me very well.
Glorious and delicious white chili is best when eaten with fresh, chopped cilantro. Of course it is added at the bowl as cilantro is one of those divisive flavors people either love or hate. I personally love it.
Cornbread served with honey butter!
 This is one of my favorite meals, only eaten about once a year because in order to make a truly delicious white chili I believe in dairy fat. Truth be told, if I have my pick of fat sources it will be dairy if it at all works in the food system in question.

No comments:

Post a Comment