Thursday, October 14, 2010

October Days and Nights

This post will be boring and lack pictures as I somehow managed to delete all the photos I took, hurray for me!

I can't believe how quickly October is going by. It is almost half gone, and I am still working on editing my thesis. Soon, it will be done. I am turning in a copy of it to my committee tomorrow afternoon for review, at that point I hope it will only be small changes. Once that is turned in tomorrow, I will begin to work on an article for submission to a journal for publication. That will take a week or two, all said by the end of October I hope to be nearly done with the masters adventure.

All through my time at BYU I have wanted to try the Provo Bakery. After I passed my thesis defense I decided it was as good a time as any to get some donuts. I purchased 6 donuts to share with the other food science graduate students. They were really good, I know because we cut them up so everyone could try a piece of all the donuts.

General Mills sent Brad Taylor and Kevin Wright to come recruit from BYU again this year. Brad and Kevin were the two that recruited, interviewed, and had a say in my getting hired at General Mills. Needless to say, I like both of them a lot. As they gave their presentation on the company I began to feel more excitement to start my job in January.

Last night I went to Amalie and Kendon Kurzer's home for dinner and a movie. Dinner was one of my favorite Korean dishes. Fried Kimchi rice served with an egg and Heinz Ketchup. I didn't think it sounded Korean either, but apparently it is. MmmMmm, it is delicious! The movie Amalie and I watch was called "200 Pounds Beauty" yes, it is a Korean film to go with the Korean food. It was really funny, I laughed through the whole thing. There were a few serious moments in it, that made me think about how I view myself and others. I have to remember that when thinking about or referring to myself or others that there are unintended consequences to everything.

Well, I need to go home and wash clothes now, one of my favorite things is clean sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment