Monday, October 4, 2010

Ms Christine Shearer MS

That is right folks, I am officially able to put MS after my name as well as before it now! Friday I presented and defended my thesis. I was very blessed to have many people in the audience rooting for me and it always helps the presentation go smoothly when you know people want you to succeed. I still have a lot of work to do making revisions, before the end of the semester, but officially I am done! After a little more than 2 years of hard work, it has all payed off.

One of the things I shared during my presentation was a quote by Waite Phillips, "Nothing worthwhile was ever accomplished without the will to start, the enthusiasm to continue and regardless of temporary obstacles the persistence to complete." I love this quote and it has served me well throughout the work of the last couple years. New adventures, here I come!

After I was done defending I went to a reunion for the Tennessee Knoxville Missionaries who served under President Ronald and Sister Marie Godfrey. I love my mission president and his wife! They came to the mission 1.5 months after I arrived.
Sister Godfrey, me, President Godfrey
When I first saw President Godfrey, I instantly knew he was my mission president and if I did whatever he asked of me that things would work out well. At the mission reunion he gave some good advice about how to always be happy: give a little bit of service every day, always have a job to do (some kind of work), always have something to look forward to (be it a good book to read, or a vacation being planned), and love everyone.

It was great to see some of the sisters I served with and around. Liz Broadbent Walker and I spent some time talking while helping to clean up after the reunion, she is great! I wish I had been able to spend more time around her on the mission.
Me and Liz Walker
Saturday night during the priesthood session of conference some of my girlfriends and I had a ladies night. We went to Zupas for dinner, went to a dollar movie, and then had a spa night.
Jessie is such a happy person!
Elissa doing her favorite thing, playing with Ashley's hair
Bethany and Jessie lounging and loving ladies' night
Bethany, Jessie, Ashley, Elissa, and me
Lets hear it for the Ladies!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on your thesis defense! I'm glad I got to go :) It was fun to hear you talk about everything you have been working so hard on the last couple of year.

    ReplyDelete