Sunday, October 23, 2011

AACC International 2011 Palm Springs

I was able to attend the 2011 annual meeting of the American Association of Cereal Chemists. It was fantastic, I got to spend several days in 80 degree dry weather, learn lots about whole grains, the 2010 dietary guidelines, food safety as it relates to grain, and then various other interesting tidbits of information such as what a Pickering emulsion is. I got to eat way more delicious food than I should, spend time getting to know some of my co-workers, go on an early morning hike (it even was on a real mountain!), and best thing of all this was for work! I was in nerd heaven.
Overlooking Palm Springs

I love this warmth and flowers in the middle of October
While in Palm Springs I was fortunate enough to run into one of my former (and favorite) professors, Dr. Dunn and his student Shintaro Pang. They were presenting a poster on their work testing the folate content of tortillas.

I may have to come back to Palm Springs in the middle of winter for some warm weather desert hiking, I LOVE dry heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment