Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Careful what you call things...

I am feeling very proud of my herb garden. My pride is the kind that stems from feeling well pleased with a job well done. My reasons for feeling so pleased are two fold: my plants have survived being with me for nearly 3 weeks, and I think it looks very attractive (that last part may mean that my decorator side can be cultivated and is not a lost cause).

In my pride of my garden I have been displaying the following picture.
A very attractive herb garden
As they say, pride goeth before the fall. Today at work I was telling someone that I was excited to have a larger garden some day, but only if my POT garden survived. As soon as that came out of my mouth I quickly corrected myself and tried to fix it by saying that I meant my herb garden, unfortunately in the context of my prior statement that didn't help me any. Ahh, the mortification!

Lesson to the wise, if you have a potted herb garden, be very careful what you tell people you have growing on your back porch. They may end up with some interesting ideas about what you are really growing.

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture of your "pot" garden :) I didn't know you were in to that kind of stuff, jk. That is a pretty funny story though and your herb garden looks amazing. What do you have growing? I hope you have some basil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 basil plants, sage, oregano, thyme, and a couple others I can't remember right now.

    ReplyDelete