Saturday, April 16, 2011

Checking In

I am alive and I am still loving my life here in Minnesota, I just have not been in the mood to document my life. To be truthful, I still don't feel like it, but I decided that it is when I go back and read about my own adventures that I can see what an amazing life I have. It is so easy to forget how amazing it is to be alive and have opportunities to make friends and have an impact on other people.

Yesterday I was able to help with one of General Mills' Think Global Volunteer Local projects. Employees around the globe volunteered several hours to projects to help their community. My group went to work at the Emerge Street Werks community garden. We prepared the garden plots for planting, de-junked, and organized their storage/headquarters building. It was filthy, hard work and yet it was so amazing. In a few hours of our time we saved the directors of the program months of work that would potentially never have been able to be done.

I love working for a company that sees providing opportunities for its employees to give back to the community as an important thing! I am the luckiest girl in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Christine...it's almost been 1 month that I haven't been able to stalk your life through your blog. I'm dying!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! I forgot to mention that I loved your post about giving back. It makes me happy that you are happy. Love you!

    ReplyDelete