Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bloomin' Art

The Minneapolis Institute of Art has a very cool thing they do in the springtime called, Art in Bloom. Floral designers pick a piece of art in the museum and interpret the piece using flowers. I went with some awesome girls and enjoyed the show of art, flowers, and people watching.
Some florists were very literal in their interpretation.

Some captured the elements of the whole piece

I enjoyed seeing all the creations, obviously a lot of thought and care went into their creation. Although I didn't care for some of the arrangements, or some of the art for that matter, I appreciated the unique forum for expression of self this event gave. One of my favorite pieces, was a very literal interpretation of a very simple piece.
Simply a horse
One other piece that I really liked, was more because I loved the painting, and the arrangement of flowers did a good job catching the colors and the feeling of the painting.
Fire in the flowers
The people watching was pretty great as well, some amazing people show up to special art exhibits!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun. I love going to art museums and it would be really cool to see all of the flower arrangements too. Oh and I miss you like CRAZY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so disappointed that you didn't post that awesome photo of you holding that guys head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fire in the flowers one too- too bad they couldn't make the flowers smell like fire too, lol.

    ReplyDelete