Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What my week is like outside of school

Sometimes people ask me what I have been doing. Immediately my response is something like, "Oh, I'm writing my thesis and developing this one product..." Then I realize, that is only a portion of my life and I do so many other things. I got wondering what have I done in the last week besides school?

Well, Tuesday night I had my mountain biking class, and that doesn't really feel like school so I count it as outside of school.
Wednesday, I was supposed to go riding with a boy in my ward, but it was raining while being accompanied by lightning, so my roommate Jessica and I opted to stay in our apartment and watch a movie and have a spa night. We had so much fun with our facials and hand massages. Honestly, who doesn't like to coat their face in bluish gunk once in a while?
We are so beautiful and with softer skin now too!

Thursday night I spent with my roommates Jessica and Elissa. I don't actually recall what we did other than we stayed up way too late talking.

Friday night I ate dinner with my friends Stephanie and Andy Gerla. They made the most amazing Shepherd's Pie for dinner. After we ate we went to Costco and Lowe's, where Andy helped me to get stuff to fix my bike rack. I now do not have to worry that my bike will fall off the back of my car, also I can put a second bike on my car again! If anyone wants to go riding, let me know because I can fit your bike on my car now. Thank you Andy, you are one of my heroes! After fixing my bike rack, Andy's brother, Paul, came over and we all made chocolate chip cookies and watched a movie. I have watched more movies this week than I normally would in 3 weeks!

Saturday morning Andy, Paul, Stephanie, and I rode our bikes above Timpanogos View Park. It was the perfect temperature and day for riding. Stephanie and Andy were the people that got me interested in mountain biking and this was the first time I have ever ridden with them. It was so great!
The place we were riding was a fairly small loop, with only scrub oak, so we had a fairly consistent view throughout the ride. It was perfect, I am always amazed at the beauty that surrounds me when I go a few minutes out of the city.
That night, my roommates and I had a bonfire. Heather, my roommate last fall semester just got back from Ecuador and was telling us all her amazing stories. I am sure she still has enough left to keep us entertained through many more bonfire sessions.
Heather Burt, Jessica Vandermark, Me, Elissa McCullough. Sisters.
Sunday was low key with Stake Relief Society fireside at night. President and Sister Hicken from the Provo Temple Presidency spoke. I was very excited about them speaking as I grew to love them one I served as a temple ordinance worker. They spoke about the temple and worthiness. One of the things that stood out to me when President Hicken was talking was about veils. He said that people often ask about the symbolism of the veil of the temple and that he doesn't know everything about it, but that the Lord covers with veils things that He holds precious and wants to protect from the world. I got to thinking about how brides often wear veils and how anciently that may have signified that they are to recognized as precious and should be cared for and protected. I don't know, but it got me thinking.

Well, Monday was a busy day at school and I can't think of too much that happened that actually belongs on this post. However, I still think that I do manage to do a lot of stuff outside of school. At least I manage to enjoy almost everything that comes my way.
I know its scary, but I am proving that I don't actually have a double chin like the other picture above suggests.

No comments:

Post a Comment