Thursday, August 5, 2010

End of a Great Class

I was able to take a mountain biking class through BYU during summer term. I have loved the class, and am sorry to report that we just had our last class ride. The only thing left now is the final exam.... I was so sad that I forgot my camera on all of our rides, until the last one. We went up on the Ridgeline Trail near the Alpine Loop. It was a great trail and I plan to ride it again!

Some of the great views along the Ridgeline Trail.
I just wish the pictures would show how beautiful it really was up on the trail. Honestly, it was one of the prettiest rides I have gone on this summer and I wished that I had been able to be up there longer so that I could bask in the sage scented air a bit more.

Lillie Avalos is in my class and we take turns riding at the end of the group. If there is a lot of downhill, I am always in the rear since I am a bit of chicken and go slower down than anyone else...someday I may overcome my fears. Until that day I will continue to get quite a thrill from even low grade downhill.
This is my group in the class aka the FUN group. We had the fast group, the intermediate group, and the fun group. Jordan and Lillie took the class together and Sam is one of the sort of TAs and in this picture is fixing Lillie's bike.
Yay, I love pictures of me with my bike. It has been such a great purchase. I love being able to experience the mountains in an entirely new way.
This is my mountain biking class, with the exception of just a few of the students who had to leave early from class.
Hurray for classes that have nothing to do with my major, too bad I learned so late as a college student the value of stepping away from requirements and taking something just for the fun and experience of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment