I was able to take my sister, Rachel, and my brothers, Clark and Daniel, to Montana to visit our Grandparents over the weekend.
We had a great and a busy time with them over the 2.5 days we were there. The first day there I was able to start a weeding project. I wanted to weed the flower bed by their garage, however it was a much larger project than I had time to finish. Alas there are nearly as many weeds now as when I started.
After a bit of weeding we ate dinner and then I took my siblings to A Carousel for Missoula. We all went on a ride together and then they went on one more without me before the Carousel closed for the night. After the Carousel closed they played at Dragon's Hollow. At this point in time I was very tired (I got up at 4:00 to be on the road at 5:00) and we all went to bed about 9:30 pm. Who ever knew these kids to willingly go to bed that early? Obviously they were tired as well.
Saturday was a full day of well, fun things. After cleaning up from breakfast I began a project I have been wanting to work on for a while. Grandma Shearer is an excellent cook, and has many recipes that are amazing and yet I have few of them. I was able to sit down with her and have her tell me which of her recipes are ones that are her standard recipes. I began to type these recipes so that I could compile an electronic copy. I got very few done and will need more time to go back and work on this some more.
After working on this for a while Grandpa got hoagie sandwiches from Hoagie Ville and we went to Bonner Park for a picnic. The weather was perfect and everyone enjoyed the time to associate together and enjoy good food.
After finishing eating and packing up the crummy table cloth and Daniel's half eaten sandwich, we went to a walking trail on the Clark Fork river. Grandpa and Grandma were enjoying a nice walk and the rest of us stopped off at the Carousel to enjoy some more rides and time at Dragon Hollow play area. Before stopping Grandpa took the time to get a picture of us with some huge bronze fish statues.
An additional exciting thing that happened while in Montana was that I got to see my cousin Anita and her family. Saturday and Sunday evenings the boys accompanies me to her home so that we could visit. We have not seen much of each other in years, and yet it felt as if no time had passed since we were freshmen in college and spending a lot of time together. I must do better at staying in contact with family and not take those special relationships for granted.





No comments:
Post a Comment