Monday, July 16, 2012

I just can't keep up with myself

I have been soaking up all the warm weather in Minnesota this summer, the one trick is getting outside during the warm days and not the hot days. This post is mostly a picture dump from the few activities I remembered to pull out my phone to take pictures of.


Biking in St Paul

Many bike rides near my apartment

Minnehaha Falls as seen on a bike ride

The Minneapolis Rose Garden is near my apartment and I made sure to visit numerous times in June to smell the flowers.


Minneapolis was attacked with knitting and I keep finding treasures such as this on my bike rides

Pretty much a random Princess and Dragon tower I'd never noticed until we went to climb it and now I see it everytime I drive on the 94 going east.

Random outdoor pseudo-sports with friends (whiffle ball, whiffle golf, etc.)

I have been told how fun the St. Paul Saints games are, well it was typical minor league baseball. Worth it once.

Camping! So far this summer I have camped near Itaska (headwaters of the Mississippi), Tetagouche (near north shore of Lake Superior), and in Wisconsin. I need to get a few more campouts in before the summer is through!


Katie and I tried to tour the St. Paul Cathedral, unfortunately they cancelled tours on the day we went. So we took a self-guided tour. Plans to go back for a real tour are under consideration.

We did manage to get a tour of the State Capitol building

We got to go on the roof of the capitol and they have this amazing gold leafed statue of women and horses

From the roof of the State Capitol we had a great view of the Cathedral

There are many other adventures I have had this summer, but I failed to record them with pictures.



2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the top of the State capital building- so cool! Too bad the cathedral wasn't doing tours that day though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss MN! I went on a field trip in 6th grade to the state capital building and we got to go on the roof too. We also got to go to some pretty cool historic houses around the area. I don't remember which houses they were but you could probably figure that out by searching online or something. I think you would really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete