Adventure is not a journey you take, but the way in which you view your experiences.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Falling for the magic of Battle Creek Falls
Roommate adventures are amazing. The latest adventure was far better than I had even anticipated it would be. Elissa, Jessica, and I went to Battle Creek Falls near Pleasant Grove as an early morning hike. As we all had other things that needed to be accomplished today it was decided to do a short hike. The hike to the falls was for sure short and sweet.
As we started hiking we came across this area, which although pretty wasn't what I was expecting. I thought this was the falls that we were hiking to. I felt slightly disappointed.
Not to be daunted by this Elissa and Jess put their best foot forward and as we continued to hike we found some wonderfully enjoyable areas.
As we hiked a bit farther, we saw the real falls!
It sounded so amazing, smelled wonderful, looked beautiful, and just begged to be made a part of my day. So the only logical thing to do was... JUMP IN and ENJOY the wetness.
We extended the hike up the canyon to take advantage of the gorgeous day. There were many pretty areas where the water begged to be played in.
Then we found an area straight from the world of the Grimm brothers and their fairytales, well except for the part where people die. There was no death in our wonderland.
All told, it was an amazing way to spend a morning. After the age of 7, how often do you get to abandon social norms and sit fully clothed in creek?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That looks like a really fun hike! I will have to go on that sometime.
ReplyDelete