Friday, May 14, 2010

A Chilly Spring

Utah has been unusually chilly on and off for several weeks. Basically the weather seems to be planning to skip spring and go from directly from winter to summer. In some ways that is alright. I have a lot to do inside to finish up my thesis research and when it gets warm it is that much harder to be locked away in a lab. I have managed to sneak out a few times, such as when Andrew took me 4 wheeling.

It was a beautiful day, but as you can see it was a bit cold. Lucky for me, Andrew came prepared with a jacket, gloves, and a hat for me to wear. Without him making sure I had enough layers, I would have frozen.

I have finished collecting data from Peroxide Values, headspace GC/MS, and Descriptive Analysis on my study oils. YAY! Now, I am working on collecting consumer acceptance panel data. In the long run, this phase is the shortest portion of the study. In the short term it is very time consuming requiring about 44 hours of my personal attention in a span of 4 days. That time is just me, not including those who are helping me! I will be so very glad when this portion of the study is behind me.

All that being said, I am trying to enjoy it because I am starting to realize that the present always seems to have its stresses. I don't ever want to be one of those people who perpetually endures that present on the promise of an easier future. That future will never materialize!

There is no time like the present to enjoy life and all its many beauties.

No comments:

Post a Comment