For a couple years I have been thinking about getting into mountain biking. Last year I had saved the money for a bike, then my car pooped out and I had to spend my money as a down payment for a new car. Needless to say it set my bike purchase back, however I feel blessed that I had the savings to purchase the car.
So, I saved for another year and then started bike shopping again. My friend Stephanie and her husband Andy are both avid mountain bikers and helped me to shop for a good bike. After several weeks of looking I knew what I wanted, a Gary Fisher Marlin Disk. There was one problem, the size frame I needed seemed to be sold out everywhere. That is when providence stepped in. I found a Trek dealership in American Fork who had last year's model of the Marlin Disk, so I headed up to check it out. Basically the color was different, and the price was lower.
To make things even better, they had the next model up bike from last year. So I bought the Gary Fisher Piranha for less than I had planned to spend on the Marlin Disk. Once I had the bike, I hurried to get gloves, a helmet, bike rack, and padded shorts. Then I went on my first ride with Andrew.
We rode up next to Deer Creek Reservoir, it was an absolutely gorgeous first ride. However, a couple hills in, a couple hours later, and one sore backside later I realized I have to do some training on it if I am going to be able to keep up with Andrew at all. This has helped encourage me to get out of school at a reasonable hour in the evening and go riding.
I love my new bike! There are only two things that will make it better: sunglasses (to keep the bugs out of my eyes), and its motor being tuned up :) PS-I love padded shorts.
No comments:
Post a Comment