Saturday, December 5, 2009

Brothers are the best

My brothers have come to stay with me a couple times in November. They are the cutest little guys, however I don't know how anyone gets anything done when they have kids around. It seemed like just when I was getting into a project they would let me know they were hungry, needed to go to the bathroom, or were bored, or whatever. Despite getting very little done while my brothers were here, it was a great to have people around who would give me a random hug and tell me they love me! I truly do love my family and am grateful to have people I care about so much, and who care for me.

One of my favorite things that happened when my brothers were visiting was taking them to a chocolate tempering class. At first they thought it was boring, honestly who needs to heat something up, cool it down, heat it up, cool it down, heat it up, cool it down...again and again? However, once the chocolate was tempered and we were making tuxedo strawberries, decorating truffles, and making pretty chocolate patterns they perked up and enjoyed themselves. In fact they had so much fun, that we ended up with a bunch of chocolate things to take home and so I had Clark hold the tray of chocolates in the car. Murphy's law should have let me know there would be a disaster with that!

I stopped at a stop sign, but the tray of chocolates kept going, until it hit the floor and dumped its entire contents all over the front of my somewhat new car! Poor Clark, felt so bad. Everything worked out just fine though, since it was so cold the chocolate was hard and what I couldn't get out with my hands I was able to vacuum out at the carwash - too bad it was freezing or the dirty outside of the car would have been cleaned as well. But the good news is the inside of my car looks great and I didn't gain any weight by eating all the chocolates we made!

No comments:

Post a Comment